Thursday, 20 March 2014

Spring 2014 - getting ready for action!

Finally it is time to think about gardening again, I can't wait for it to stop looking so glum - this year I definitely need to look into some plants that can help the garden look better during winter as well as summer. 

I am happy to see that some of my plants are starting to shows signs of green & that my daffodils & snowdrops from last year have appeared, I am looking forward to seeing them flower. 

I have been taking some pictures and trying to come up with some kind of a plan for the garden this year & I am still working on it, but here are the pictures of what I have to work with.

This is the small piece of land between ours and nextdoor a front garden & I am hoping to create some kind of divide:


This is the front garden & the beds:




This is down the side of the house, something I really want to work on this year, I am hoping to add some kind of arch and trellis to make it a bit more private:



Daffodils & snowdrops:


And then finally this is the back garden:





 
One thing we definitely need to do is find a way to hide these bins: 


Yesterday I gave the paths a clean with bleach to get the algae off but they are going to need another couple of goes I think. 

So let the work commence, I am looking forward to putting more pictures of how it turns out this year....

No comments:

Post a Comment