Our house is the end house of a small row of 'new build' houses, and for some reason they decided to use low fences around the back gardens - probably because the gardens are north facing and already limited in terms of sunlight.
If we owned the house perhaps we could build a taller fence, add trellis to the top of the fence we have, or plant a hedge... Sadly we don't have that option so I need to try and think of something else.
Normally the privacy wouldn't be an issue, but now with a baby on the way I plan on sitting outside a lot & the neighbours are not exactly friendly, making it rather awkward! Also rolo (our dog) loves to bark at people in and around the garden.
I remember last year feeling rather awkward when having BBQs and sitting out at the same time as other people on the row as there is no privacy.
It's so hard trying to think of something! So I have been doing some google researching...
Perhaps we could use trellis in some way?
Maybe a tall plant ie bamboo, but in pots along the boundaries?
Something suggests a water feature to help soften the noises of other people around, this maybe useful as far as rolos barking is concerned...perhaps some wind chimes too? Then again they may make him bark more haha!
Hmm I shall carry on in my quest....
UPDATE
I have collected some pictures of ideas, also I posted in a forum and got some ideas from there.
I love this trellis, perhaps we could do this, just in the middle of the garden making just a section for the table more private, although the washing line could be a problem with this:
Here is another smaller trellis idea which looks quite nice:
Another idea is bambo sheets stapled to the fence, this looks nice, however I am not sure what the neighbours might think if we just bang this up, they might think we are a bit rude:
Perhaps we could just do sections like this, interspersed with climbing plants on bamboo sticks in pots:
Or literally just use pots with bamboo sticks and climbers:
Another bamboo idea I love is this, using sweet peas, we could even take it down in the winter if we use pots for the sweet peas:
Or we could grown bamboo in pots:
Someone on the forum suggests using a wind break like the type you use at the seaside and another suggests to use the washing line to make a tent type structure but I feel this would block out the sun.
Still not sure what to do, doesn't really help that the husband hates the idea of a trellis or anything that looks like a trellis, but at least I have ideas for now.
















No comments:
Post a Comment