Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Reality check

So as usual, last night I took to twitter to ask the gardening community for some advice after reading a blog post on the shoot gardening website entitled "how much should a garden cost?".


And I guess I hadn't really been sensible with my grand landscaping ideas, considering the fact we are renting, so I have taken heed of people's advice which was to use containers, hanging baskets etc.

So today I have dug out all my old plant pots-found I have 17 and only 2 sets of matching ones, which is slightly annoying, but might as well work with what I have!


Although there is one idea I have seen which I haven't decided yet whether it is worth the effort....

http://www.talesfromahappyhouse.com/2013/05/perking-up-your-plant-pots.html?m=1

Basically painting your plant pots with spray paint to brighten them up and also make them match a bit better:


I think it looks lovely, but not sure if it will work on my cheap plastic pots & if I will have time to do it before baby comes, hmmm...

Also my husband suggested that we so a symmetrical design in our front garden by mirroring the corner plot, so that is what I have done, and we have removed the old vegetable plot as I think it's going to be all about the flowers this year! 

So the front is now looking like this:



Just need to pick some flowers now to fill all my pots & our two corner patches, and I would quite like to put a cherry blossom tree in the middle of the garden.

Final bit of action today was to tidy up a bit down the side of the house ready to begin action there:

No comments:

Post a Comment