Saturday, 22 March 2014

First Saturday of spring :)

Well today started out with some lovely sunshine, but by dinner time it had turned to rain. 

Luckily I managed to get the other half out in the garden before it rained. He has ripped out the black lining and wood chippings, ready for some nice top soil and plants in the border. I am going to try and grow the border into some kind of boundary between our garden & nextdoors instead of a hedge or fence.


It Doesn't look much now but I'm sure it's going to look good when it's finished! 

I've been getting some really great ideas on this area of the garden this week from some of my fellow tweeters. 

Here are some of the suggestions: 

Miscanthus- I love this as it looks lovely and fluffy, kind of like pampas grass which is a favourite of mine, also something I have been wanting is some nice soft grasses in the garden:


Pyracantha - I have just realised, this is the same as the one little tree that is already there, just in a higher volume:


Jerusalem artichoke- not so keen on this one, looks a bit like a weed to me:


Bamboo- this is the only pic I have been able to find, I like this but it wouldn't stop rolo getting through:


A mixture of small bushes and wild flowers- I really love this:


Another grass (not sure what this one is though)- really love this:


Small box hedge- this looks lovely but not sure if this would fit in the small space we have:


Yew hedge- hmm this is a bit too boring, I was hoping for something a bit more colourful:


Verbena- I love this idea, so pretty:


So plenty of ideas to keep me going here, now I just have to pick one.... Hmm!!! Help?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment